Like most girls, I tend to accumulate A LOT of lip products in my bag by the end of the week. I decided to feature my most popular lip swag, some of them are classics I always wear and some are new additions to the ever-growing lip (stick/balm/tint/gloss/you-name-it) collection. So, take a look at my line up of the usual suspects…
My favourite lipsticks are;
* Stila Liquid Lipsticks – I have been wearing these since they launched. They have a superior matte finish and literally last all day! My two faves are Tesoro (orange/red) and Bellissima (nude)
* Tom Ford Lip Gloss – #7 Peach is an all year round colour, especially Summer. I like to wear this over Bellissima sometimes if I feel like a glossy look. For a lip gloss, it gives a good amount of colour coverage which I love! Very Jennifer Lopez…
Now, for the newbies…
* MAC – Star Quality Cremesheen Glass is a cranberry non-sticky lip gloss, my sister treated me to this..I love this colour in the bottle, however, my lips are naturally quite pink so I have to wear this with Becca Lip Primer for the ultimate colour pay-off.
* NARS – Timanfaya Satin Lip Pencil.…ahhhhh, I can’t explain how much I love this! I wore Red Square for YEARS!! I love these pencils! My good friend, Sammy bought this for me, it’s from the S/S collection, it’s a vibrant orange with a hint of shimmer (I am NOT usually a fan of shimmer, however it is so subtle and you only notice it when it starts to wear off). I just wish the NARS lip pencils came with a sharpener, they are a funny size and it’s not easy to find a good sharpener, so I use one from Max Factor I have had for years which is the perfect fit for the NARS lip pencils.
* Revlon Matte Lip Balms – #245, #210 and #250.
The lil beauty Kaushal posted these on her IG page (she also has a look book on her blog featuring these) and I thought I would try them out. I was curious about ‘matte lip balms’. I LOVE the range of colours, the depth of colour and how you don’t need a sharpener. I recommend exfoliating lips and using a bit of CARMEX before using these, if you have the slightest bit of dryness on your lips, these lip balms highlight it. However, on smooth moisturised lips, these look great and the lasting power is very impressive for a ‘drugstore’ brand.
I saw a lot of online noise about the Bourjois Velvet lipsticks, so of course I had to try them. I LOVE MATTE RED LIPS! You’ll find me wearing this look on most of my IG pics. The nice gals from Bourjois sent me three shades;
#3 Hot Pepper – a fiery orange/red
#1 Personne ne rouge – warm cherry red
#5 Ole Flamingo – dusky pink
They smell SOOOOO good and apply like velvet, that’s the only way I can describe it. Their staying power is impressive and they stain your lips too. My only advice is to try and apply it one stroke otherwise it can go streaky whilst applying.
What products are your ‘usual suspects’?